Community Food Rescue’s FREE matching tool is for food businesses, food assistance organizations, and volunteer food runners. Click HERE to join.
Feed More and Waste Less with Community Food Rescue’s new Matching Web application tool. Learn how CFR works in this animated video.
Community Food Rescue (CFR) is the coordinated food recovery network for Montgomery County, Maryland. This system enhances the good work of businesses, individuals, and organizations that already recover and redistribute perfectly good food to people experiencing hunger.
Every year in Montgomery County, Maryland…
- 246,000 tons (23%) of the County’s solid waste is food waste. (Montgomery County Waste Composition Study, July 26, 2013)
- 79,000-81,000 (8%) of Montgomery County residents do not know where their next meal will come from. (Feeding America’s Map the Meal Gap study)
- 35% of children in Montgomery County public schools qualify for free or reduced meals. (Montgomery County Public Schools)
Click HERE to register and start using Community Food Rescue’s FREE matching Web application.
Recovering unsold, surplus food is easy with CFR’s Web application, which will match food donations with hunger relief organizations and, if needed, volunteer food runners for transportation. The Web app, powered by Peninsula Food Runners, currently matches 30,000 meals per week in the San Francisco Bay Area and has been tailored for use in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Join the Community Food Rescue Network so that together, we can feed more and waste less!
Manna Food Center the largest food recovery and distribution organization in Montgomery County–leads CFR. Cheryl Kollin, Full Plate Ventures, serves as Program Manager. CFR is made possible through the generous support of Montgomery County and Burness.
Join our growing Network:
- All Set
- Atwater’s Bakery
- Bethesda Cares
- Chef Tony’s Restaurant
- Capital Area Food Bank
- DC Central Kitchen
- Falcon Ridge Farm
- Family Services Inc.
- Food Recovery Network
- Gaithersburg HELP
- Germantown HELP, Inc.
- Glen Haven Elementary School
- Hungry Harvest
- Interfaith Works
- Jackie’s Restaurant
- Jenny Cakes Bakery
- Julie’s Pantry
- Liberty Grove UMC Food Pantry & Community Supper
- Manna Food Center
- McGinty’s Irish Public House
- MCPC Food Services Test/Catering Kitchen
- Meals on Wheels of Takoma Park/Silver Spring
- Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
- Montgomery County Dept. of Health and Human Services
- Montgomery County Dept. of Econ. Devel–Ag Services
- Montgomery County Food Council
- Montgomery County Public Schools Food Services
- My Thyme Catering
- New Creation Church
- Oak Grove A.M.E. Zion Church
- Parkway Eatery
- Plow and Stars Farm
- Rainbow Community Development Center
- Ricciuti’s Brick Oven Pizza
- Shepherd’s Table
- Silver Spring United Methodist Church
- Takoma Park Meals on Wheels
- Whole Foods Markets of Montgomery County
- WUMCO Help, Inc.